At Tropical Living, there's a reason we collect data from our customers. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible, every time you shop with us, whether in-store or online.
So what data are we talking about? Usually this includes your name, delivery address or contact details.
What we won't do with your data is use it to fill your inbox with irrelevant or unwanted spam or sell your data to anyone else. That's a promise.
Now here's the official bit.
Keeping your personal information safe and secure is our priority.
- Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The
types of personal information that Tropical Living may collect about you includes:
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details about your purchases and orders from us
- digital information, such as cookies, pixels, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked app installations, app launches, adding items to a basket, adding items to a wish list and making purchases;
- images from video surveillance and other cameras on our property (including inside our shop/warehouse/garden & front of property)
- The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
- if you purchase or order any product from us;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to Tropical Living;
- if you interact with Tropical Living via social networking services;
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
- via our security cameras or other cameras installed on our property or street front (including inside shop/warehouse, pick up areas, garden area’s and front entrance);
- if you submit an employment application to us.
- We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, New Zealand Companies Office, internet search platforms and social media platforms, such as Facebook;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to Tropical Living;
- anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes;
- any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us
- We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
- Tropical Living may use your personal information:
- to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you;
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising);
- to personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including advertisements served to you on or via third party websites or platforms such as Facebook);
- to undertake product recalls;
- to undertake data processing, data analysis, market research or trend analysis;
- to monitor and measure the use of our websites or mobile applications, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
- to assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection on our property;
- to assist us, our service providers and related companies, and other third parties who we share information with for loss prevention or law enforcement purposes in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
- We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information
- third parties who provide services to Tropical Living in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
- third party platforms who serve advertising or content (including personalised advertising) based on your personal information or preferences (including social media platforms such as Facebook);
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to Tropical Living in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- third parties who we share information with for loss prevention and law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected;
- You have the option of dealing with Tropical Living anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
As part of Tropical Living’s’ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to
you, Tropical Living may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for
the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third
parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct
marketing includes Tropical Living or third parties:
- sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about Tropical Livings products; and
- providing targeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
- Tropical Living will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, Tropical Living cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to Tropical Living over the internet.
- You have the right under applicable Australian or New Zealand privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by Tropical Living, at no cost to you. Requests should be made as set out under the heading “How to contact Tropical Living below.
- Tropical Living may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
- Tropical Living will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
- If Tropical Living refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if Tropical Living refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal .If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints” below.
- If you have a question or complaint about this policy, Tropical Livings collection of your personal information or the way in which Tropical Living deals with your personal information, this should be directed to Tropical Living Manager using the contact details set out under the heading “How to contact Tropical Living” below.
- We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not
satisfied with Tropical Living proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30
days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the
Australian Information Commissioner or, if you are in New Zealand, the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner to
resolve that complaint:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Phone: 0800 803 909
- Tropical Livings website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third party website from Tropical Livings website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. Tropical Living is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website. Tropical Living encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
- You can contact us in writing or by email as set out below:
29 Daintree Rd
CORNUBIA QLD 4130
- Tropical Living may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website.
Collection of information
Use and disclosure of personal information
Security and storage
Use and disclosure of personal information
Questions and complaints
How to contact Tropical Living
Changes to this policy